Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!!!

Wow, I can't believe it is 2009. Where has the time gone? Every year I make plans to make changes in my life. I turn around and the year is gone. So this year I have decided to not make resolutions (everyone knows that we make them to break them). I am going to make a:

2009 Bucket List
  1. Start a blog (I think I am off to a good start.)
  2. Scrapbook more or just create more
  3. Get fit (Not just lose weight but get fit.)
  4. Pray with Mike everyday
  5. Read my Bible
  6. Get all my pictures in order
  7. Learn to Knit
  8. Make a rag quilt
  9. Teach a scrapbook class (Not sure about this one.)
  10. Get published (Really not sure about this one.)
Not to bad of a list. I know there are more thing I would like to do but I think 10 are enough for now. Just to let you know I am not a writer. I would rather make a phone call than to write anything. I have been waiting for a phone blog but no one has come up with one yet. So I guess I should get over my fear and go for it. Just remember I am not a writer. I hope this will help me.

Today was a day spend at home with Mike and the girls. We spent the day doing what Southern people do on New Years day. Getting all gassed up. Why do all the traditional foods give you gas? We had:
  • black eyed peas - for good luck
  • cabbage - for money
  • fried potatoes - because they taste so good
  • cornbread - you can't have peas without cornbread.
We do this every year. I thought last year was a bad year, but just think how bad it would have been if we had not had our peas and cabbage last new years day. We were not going to chance it this year. I think this year is going to be a better year. I know it has been a bad year for a lot of people and I pray for a better 2009 for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. well at least you did not forget the cornbread! April

    ReplyDelete